Friday, February 19, 2010

"Take a bite of my bad girl meat... show me your teeth."

To those who have not been lucky enough to hear me belt out the phrase I have used as the title to this blog, you may wonder what this is going to be about.

For those who do know what the beautifully poetic phrase is from, you must be an idiot if you did not see this coming.

My life revolves around her, so to no surprise, I must dedicate a lengthy post about the one and only Lady Gaga.

I cannot begin to tell you what drew me to her - was it her sequined leotards? Her filthy yet incredibly clever lyrics? The outrageous bleach blonde hair she sports in different fashions on a daily basis (my favorite being the one where her hair is shaped into a telephone at the side of her head - genius!)? I really do not know how it happened, but somewhere in the past year, I have fallen in love, and fallen so hard, for Lady Gaga.

To say she is creative is a gross understatement. There is absolutely nobody else on the planet like her. Which is why I so badly want to model my life, style and entrie being after her.

So many times the intern next to me would tell me I nee to stop lip syncing so obviously to Lady Gaga as I listened to the albums "The Fame" and "Fame Monster" repeatedly at work. She said she "couldn't stand her." I was horrified, saddened and felt deeply and personally hurt. Who could not love the most outrageous musician of this generation?

Then, just the other day, a change of heart occurred. I put up my Facebook status to my favorite Gagalicious lyric:

"I can't believe how you looked at me
with your James Dean glossy eyes.
With your tight jeans, and your long hair,
and your cigarette-stained lies."

The lyrics, which come from my favorite Gaga song "Speechless," is just so adorable - and so true! Who wouldn't fall for someone wearing tight, skinny jeans and donning long hair (this of course excludes the Jonas Brothers - their hair is far too styled and there is a big difference between trendy tight, skinny jeans and just too freakin' tight skinny jeans).

To my surprise, and delight, my fellow intern commented on how she liked the lyrics! Aha! She figured this must be a fluke - she cannot actually be becoming a Gaga fan. But of course, I know everything, and I am certain she, too, will fall for her soon. Just one song at a time.

Anyone who did not see Lady Gaga perform with Elton John at the Grammys, Youtube is immediately. It was not only my favorite performance of the night, but possibly my favorite performance in years.

Some people may think that maybe I admire Lady Gaga a little too much, but hey, living is just better when you're rocking a sequined leotard and a planet-inspired, out-of-this-world, had piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment